Losing Belly Fat In Women.....Tougher?
Hi, all Ladies out there, is Losing Belly Fat in Women, Tougher?
I think the answer is a resounding "yes", right?
It's tougher because of the way our body is designed and shaped.......
It's even tougher, if you don't know how to do it right.
I wanna Share with you the Right way to Lose Belly Fat in Women
There are a couple of things to take note of first, though:
- Losing belly fat in women basically boils down to focusing on fat loss, not weight loss
- Belly fat is one of the easiest to gain - 1 big dinner before bed time does the job. If after the big dinner you go back to normal diet and don't eat excessively, the ugly effect of the big dinner will not stay on for long.
But if you keep on eating unhealthily, then the fat will start to accumulate. Getting rid of recent belly fat is easier than getting rid of fat that's been accumulated for decades!
- The belly is the place where stress-related fat surfaces first
- Your body structure determines how much belly fat you can lose. Generally we ladies have fat on our bellies and on our thighs. When you start losing fat, you lose it from both places, and of course, from your entire body too
- Losing belly fat is harder for women than for men simply because God created our bodies to store more fat for our child bearing purpose.
God designed our body so that we hold onto fat for at least 9 months on the off chance that we get pregnant during famine time. It's our body's way of making sure that both we and our unborn child are safe if famine strikes
- The basic anatomy between men and women - Men naturally have more muscle mass than women and they're able to build muscle mass more quickly than women.
Since muscle mass burns fat, the more muscle mass they've, the more calories they burn while just resting. That means they burn more fat with less effort.....Oh! So unfair!
- Belly fat is the hardest to lose especially intra-abdominal fat, the deep fat that wraps itself around organs and is the most unhealthy because it's linked with heart disease. And the more central the fat, the more it's laid down in the arteries
- Belly fat brings higher risks of certain types of cancers, diabetes and heart diseases
You could make fantastic changes based on these "losing belly fat in women" facts.
Best Strategies? Losing Belly Fat in Women?
I would recommend a couple of them:
1. Cardio Your Way To Lose Belly Fat
The right way to do cardio is interval training (IT) and high intensity interval training (HIIT).
These are short bursts of very intense exercises.
IT burns more calories than steady-state training because you can do more work in the same amount of time.
To do IT, include sprints with your jogging, add jogging to your brisk walking or increase the difficulty level or pace when on treadmill or stationary bike.
Add 60 seconds of IT every other minute or so. The harder you work, the more calories you burn.
For HIIT, it would be 20 seconds of workout followed by 30 seconds recovery, then repeat the cycle for 8-12 times, then do a moderate cool down. Intervals are longer in both workouts and rest segments.
Cardio like this for 3-4 time per week for 15-20 minutes per session. You definitely burn more calories.
2. Strength-Training with Weights
Lifting weights helps controlling and losing belly fat in women.
An exercise research concludes that you just need to consistently strength-train with weights twice a week for an hour and you can battle the buildup of belly fat.
In the research, the increase in intra-abdominal fat in women who strength-train with weights is only 7% over a period of 2 years, compared to 21% increase in women who just do normal exercise regularly.
Strength-training with weights also decreases body fat percentage by almost 4%.
The research's findings aren't surprising at all since strength-training with weights builds muscle mass and since muscle mass burns more calories than fat, increasing muscle mass means burning more calories.
So, are you game to strength-train now?
Do 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes per session; your belly fat will melt away.
Also keep a variety of reps schemes.
Do heavy sets one week (6-8 reps) and the following week higher rep sets (10-15) are good ways to mix things up, to vary the exercise routine.
Another key to loosing belly fat in women vie strength-training is intensity.
Workout till you're sweating and breathing hard; keep your sessions intense and keep rest short in between sets (45 seconds - 2 minutes rest).
I love strength training - it's a powerful weapon for losing belly fat in women.
3. Nutrition - Powerful Way of Losing Belly Fat in Women
First off, don't go on fad diets. You gain the weight back and then some, which contributes more to the belly fat.
What you must get a good grip on is that if you really want to lose belly fat, you must adapt a healthy eating habit .
Look at your nutrition - what're the calories like? Too low calories and the belly fat will not come off and the same thing for too many.
You need to be in the right calorie deficit to lose belly fat, i.e. how many calories you're taking in and how many calories you're burning off in the day.
You need to be in deficit of 500 calories per day, either through exercise alone or through eating healthy alone or through both, to lose 1 lb of fat, in a week.
Note: 1 lb of fat equals 3,500 calories. So, if you're in caloric deficit of 500 a day, in one week, you burn off 3,500 calories (500 calories x 7)
Eat fish oil (6 grams daily) as it helps you to lose fat. This is because you actually need the right types and amount of fat to lose the belly fat and fish oil is the right type. The idea is to concentrate on fat loss , not weight loss.
4. Will Eating Light Dinner Contribute to Losing Belly Fat in Women?
Ever notice this?
You've a heavy dinner, then go to bed. When you weigh the next morning, your weight shoots up by several lbs.
Such rapid overnight weight gain is always more to do with water weights since you can't gain that much fat overnight!
But be careful - if you continue to indulge in heavier-than-usual dinners or snacks in a row, the temporary water weight can turn into permanent fat gain and fatter belly too.
So always eat a light dinner.......and good to eat dinner at least 4 hours before bed time.......
So that your digestive system has enough time to break down the food and you don't have to sleep in the "fat"........
5. Reduce Stress - Most "Hip" Thing of Losing Belly Fat in Women
Research shows that stress triggers the hormone cortisol to crank up your appetite, so you eat more and thus take in more calories.
You then store the extra calories as fat in and around your belly.
To reduce stress, exercise is the best weapon .
Or chill out with friends and r-e-l-a-x!
Losing Belly Fat in Women is Tougher, because of the way our body is Designed
My personal experience is that the first lost lbs from my belly are the easy stage.
The most difficult stage is losing the last few lbs.
But then, what the heck, it isn't an excuse for me not to be unhappy.......
As long as I've lost most of the belly fat and keep my health in check......
Back to top
Losing Belly Fat In Women - back to exercise for women
Losing Belly Fat In Women - back to home page